Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Frightful Shame

So, Saturday morning, I woke up and realized my leg from acro had gotten a lot worse. It really hurt. I was terrified to even get up out of bed that morning. Once I got up, I could walk but it really hurt to move regular paced. Once I began moving slowly, it felt better than walking normal would. I went for a walk to see if walking more would help take the pain away. On the path, I met up with West. Him and I began walking together and talking about dance and drama and stuff like that. He finally realized I was walking weirdly and said, "Umm.... Riley? Why are you walking like that?" I just kept walking with a weird look on my face. "Like what?" I asked guiltly. "Like limping or something. Are you ok?" West asked. "Um... yeah. Just great." I replied and also lied. He just looked at me knowing I was lying. "Alright fine. Doing acro on Thursday or Wednesday or something, I hurt my leg really bad and only Emily and I know." I explained. "Why didn't you tell me or anyone else?" He asked me. "Because, I didn't want to maybe let the team down. Especially after Michelle leaving and... nevermind," I explained. I was about to say the Amanda at Elite thing but I decided not to. "Are you ok though? I don't care about the team. I just want to know if your ok?" He asked. He was concerned for me. I can tell it was just because of Nationals right around the corner though. "Yeah, I'm cool. Well, I better get going. Bye West!" I said taking off the other way. "Bye! And hey Riley, just remember, don't even worry about it!" West called back. I know he got that from James and it kind of haunted me. He was trying to mock me over my break up with James. I said to myself quietly because West was too far away and I guess the message wasn't for him. I said, "Don't worry. I won't worry..." and I almost said James. But I didn't. I paused before I could say James. Now, West and Emily both know my little leg acro secret thing. Hopefully, Kate doesn't find out. And Emily no longer being dance captain, she can't do much about it anymore and neither can West. Amanda being dance captain, I can't trust her because she's at Elite too. It seems to be that one day my leg feels great and then the next day I'm almost crying of the pain. How does all of this insanity happen? Insanity is just the beginning. Who knows? What if even more comes up with dance?

No comments:

Post a Comment